TrelloExport - Trello to Excel
TrelloExport is a Chrome extension to export data from Trello to Excel. I just pushed on Github an updated version, which supports exporting more data like checklists and comments.
Update: available on Chrome Web Store
Since July, 23, 2016 TrelloExport is available on the Chrome Web Store.
- export Trello Plus Spent and Estimate values, extracting values from card titles in format (S/E)
- export comments (with a default limit of 100, see commentLimit in script)
- export checklists and checklists’ items
- export list of attachments
- export a link to each card
- export votes
- use updated version of xlsx.js, modified by me (escapeXML)
- use updated version of jquery, 2.1.0
- use usernames instead of initials for members
I modified the escapeXML function in xlsx.js to avoid errors with XML characters when loading the spreadsheet in Excel. I tested exporting quite big boards like Trello Development or Trello Resources and no more have issues with invalid characters. I put a couple of sample export files in the xlsx subfolder.
Columns: the list of columns exported is now:
columnHeadings = ['List', 'Title', 'Link', 'Description', 'Checklists', 'Comments', 'Attachments', 'Votes', 'Spent', 'Estimate', 'Due', 'Members', 'Labels']
I tried formatting data in a readable format, suggest changes if you don’t like how it is now.
Comments are formatted with [date - username] comment, e.g.:
[2014-01-31 18:38:31 - kathyschultz1] the add-on for exporting to Excel is a good start, but I'm w/all who dream of a report that includes checklists and comments. Thanks Trello warriors!
I added commentLimit to limit the number of comments to extract: play with the value (default 100) as per your needs. There are currently no limits in the number of checklists, checklist items or attachments.
Attachments are listed in a similar way, with [filename] (bytes) url, e.g.:
[chrome.jpg] (62806) https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/4d5ea62fd76aa1136000000c/520a29971618ecef3c002181/dc1d95c904a04a6a986b775e55f58bd9/chrome.jpg
Excel formatting: after opening the excel you will have to adjust columns widths and formatting. I normally align cells on top and wrap text to have a readable format - see the samples in xlsx.
How to install
This fork is not on the Chrome Web Store, but you can manually install it by following these steps:
- Download the repository as a zip file
- Extract zip
- Go to Chrome Exensions: chrome://chrome/extensions/
- Click on Developer Mode checkbox
- Click on Load unpacked extension…
- Select the folder containing the source files
- Reload Trello
How to use
- From a board, click on the board title
- Click on Share, print, and export…
- Click on Export Excel
I wish to add a configuration dialog to set some options before exporting, e.g. to choose which lists to export, to set the limit onn the number of comments to extract etc. Suggestions are welcome!